COVID-19 requirements for air travel from China, Hong Kong and Macao
As of January 5, all air travellers, 2 years of age and older, arriving from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macao must show a negative COVID-19 test result, taken no CANADA VISA FOR TOURISTS more than 2 days before their departure, to the airline in order to board their flight.
Find out more about these requirements
Venezuelan passport holders
You may need to complete extra steps when you fill out your application.
How to apply
Before you apply for a visitor visa
- Get the documents you need for a visitor visa.
- Find out what to do for your biometrics (fingerprints and photo)
- Most applicants need to give their biometrics if it’s the first time they apply.
Check the steps to apply for a visitor visa.
Get detailed instructions for your situation
Answer some questions to get specific instructions on OKTOBERFEST IN CANADA how to apply for a visitor visa.Why are you applying for a visitor visa? (required)To unite with a family memberTo visit on businessTo attend a funeral or provide support to a critically ill personTo join a vessel (marine crew member)To assume a diplomatic postTo come with an immediate family member who’s assuming a diplomatic postTo handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine Airlines PS752To get the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET)None of the above.
More than just beer
Oktoberfest is more than just scent of sausages sizzling on an open grill and giant pitchers of cold beer. There are a range of family-friendly activities, music and friendly competitions. Some of the popular Oktoberfest events are the Miss Oktoberfest Gala, the Oktoberfest Golf Experience and A Blooming Affair Fashion Show. It is nearly impossible to have a dull moment during Kitchener Waterloo Oktoberfest.
Food and festhallens
Kitchener Oktoberfest also attracts the the best and most innovative food trucks from around the country. Kitchener-Waterloo is home to 17 German-Canadian clubs or festhallens that you can visit during the festival. These festhallens combine German beer, food and traditional music and dancing.
Even though the German festival takes place in Canada, Oktoberfest just wouldn’t be complete without them wearing the traditional German clothing. The Lederhosen and Bundhosen for men and the dirndl dress for women have been passed down generations since the 18th century and today. Drindl options range from the traditional dirndl reaching down to your ankle, to the midi and mini dirndl for ladies that would like to flaunt their figure and turn some heads.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest reaches its climax on Thanksgiving Day by hosting Canada’s biggest Thanksgiving Day Parade which is televised and onlookers can enjoy decorative floats, performers and bands. Beloved characters such as Onkel Hans and Tante Frieda can be seen walking the streets of Kitchener and Waterloo.
- The USS Lexington, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park, New Jersey
- Explore Amish culture and railroad history at Strasburg, Pennsylvania
- Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia
- Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Kentucky
- Ride the rails along the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Trail, Ohio
- Dense Black Hills scenery surrounds Deadwood, South Dakota
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Arizona
- Gooseberry Falls at Gooseberry Falls State Park, Minnesota
- Fall in love with the Badlands, Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota