For most people around the world, wanting to go to the US means that they need a visa. The reasons for wanting to go differ from just visits for tourism or business, working, studying, or permanently moving there. The country attracts a wide range of people who have various goals and want to achieve “the American dream”. However, there are many barriers and one of them is getting a visa. To apply for a US VISA HELP DESK you will follow a straightforward application procedure and steps.
Steps to Apply for a US Visa
You should apply for a US visa at a US Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence following these simple steps:
- Check if you need a visa.
- Choose the type of US visa you will apply for.
- Fill in the Non-immigrant visa Application Form DS-160.
- Pay your application fee.
- Schedule visa interview.
- Compile the document file.
- Attend the visa interview.
- Wait for processing.
1. Check if you need a visa
Citizens of 40 visa waiver countries do not need to apply for a non-immigrant visa to visit the United States. However, you can find out if you need to apply for a US visa, by using the visa checker below:What is the purpose of your visit to the United States?*TourismVisit Family MembersMedical TreatmentTransitAttend an Event or ConferenceAttend Business MeetingsNegotiate Business DealsGO BACKCONTINUE
2. Choose the visa type
The second step of the US visa application is to choose the type of US visa that you want to get. Since there are differences depending on the type of US visa you want to get, you should pay extra attention to choosing the right type of visa to apply for.
3. Fill in the Non-immigrant visa Application Form DS-160
Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application is the US visa application form that you must fill out if you are applying for a US nonimmigrant visa. The form can be found online on the website of the US consulate from which you are applying.
You can fill the DS-160 form online through:
- by yourself through the Consular Electronic Application Center, or
- with the assistance of a third-party company, that we recommend, such as VisaExpress.
How to fill in the form DS-160?
The application form DS-160 consists of two parts. On the first part, HOW TO APPLY US VISA you must answer questions about personal information as:
- Full name
- Marital Status
- Date & Place of Birth
- Mobile number
- Passport number
- Passport book number
- Family information
- Work, etc.
The second part of the online application form consists of questions on security and background information as:
- if you have ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime.
- If you have ever engaged in a conspiracy to violate, any law relating to controlled substances.
- if you have ever been involved in money laundering.
- if you ever ordered, incited, committed, assisted, or otherwise participated in genocide, etc.
4. Pay your US visa application fee
The next step of the US visa application is paying the US visa application fees.
The Machine Readable Visa Fee for visa applicants depends on the type of visa one applies for. The schedule is tiered as follows:
- MRV Fee – $160
- Petition Based Applicants (H, L, O, P, Q, R) – $190
- E-1, E-2 & E-3 visa applicants – $205
Keep in mind that the visa fee is non-refundable if you decide to cancel your appointment or if your visa application is rejected.